Top 5 Career Paths in Artificial Intelligence
The demand for professionals with AI skills has gone up by 119% over the last few years. It is because Artificial Intelligence applications are being used in almost all industries and domains. It has also led to a need for professional Artificial Intelligence Courses. Graduates and working professionals join these AI courses to upskill themselves and build their career in this emerging field. There are numerous career paths that you can pursue in this domain. In this blog, we will explore the top 5 career paths in Artificial Intelligence.
Machine Learning Engineer
Machine Learning is an AI specialisation that aims at coding algorithms that allow machines to self-learn. Machine Learning Engineering is one of the most preferred paths in the AI domain.
Role of ML Engineer
A machine learning engineer uses predictive models and natural language processing to analyse massive data sets. The engineers use agile development practices in project management. Their job role also involves creating machine learning and retraining systems and building ML models. Plus, they need to do statistical analysis of data, identify data sets and data representation methods.
Preferred Qualifications of ML Engineer
The following qualifications are necessary to become an ML engineer:
- Should have knowledge of programming languages, maths, statistics and probability
- Should know data modelling, data structures and software architecture
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and libraries
- Certification from a reputed training institute that offers machine learning courses
Robots are now being used in various domains such as healthcare, manufacturing companies, space exploration, security, education, and more. These AI scientists build robots based on the specific requirements and functions of the business.
Role of Robotic Scientist
The basic role of a robotic scientist is to build a robot or robotic systems based on predetermined parameters and prerequisites. The scientists should also test the systems and evaluate the performance. They should also do research in new applications and identify ways to develop robotic applications. In order to ensure that the robot performs properly, the scientists should also have a good knowledge of the domain for which they’re building a robot. For example, if they’re building a robotic system to perform a surgery, the scientists should learn all about the surgical process and the anatomy. The scientists also develop models and prototypes based on requirements.
Preferred Qualifications of Robotic Scientist
The expected qualifications for a robotic scientist are:
- Graduation in robotic/electronic/mechanical/electromechanical engineering
- Should have expertise in mathematics, physical sciences, computer sciences and the domain that they plan to work in
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics and material science
- Coding experience and knowledge of programming languages
It is from Data Science that all other domains such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, deep learning and more have emerged. Data Science is a huge field that is still expanding at a rapid pace. The top career path in this domain is data scientist.
Role of Data Scientist
The role of a data scientist involves
- Collecting, sorting, classifying, and interpreting huge volumes of data
- Gaining data insights and trends based on the business requirement
- Using tools such as pandas, sql, Spark and more for data analysis
- Use of Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, Tableau for data visualization
- Helping the top management make informed business decisions by providing insightful data
- Then almost perform all the above mentioned work of an AI and ML engineer
Preferred Qualifications of Data Scientist
The following qualifications are necessary to become a data scientist
- Knowledge of mathematics, statistics and probability
- Coding knowledge, especially of Python, SQL or R
- Analytical and logical skills
- Experience in concepts of Big Data, Data Modelling and calculus
Many of the leading companies are now investing in research and development in artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics and related domains. Businesses are looking for ways to use these technologies to automate tasks, streamline processes and identify new areas of development. A research scientist is mostly a PHD or M.tech guy who takes care of difficult modelling tasks. He mostly doesn’t involve in Big Data and Data analysis process. These are the top paid guys in data science field.
Role of Research Scientist
A research scientist
- Analyses business information to identify new techniques of automation
- Builds prototypes and models based on business requirements
- Does research on how AI can be used in various domains
- Designs AI-based applications mostly in the area of computer vision and NLP
Preferred Qualifications of Research Scientist
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, parallel computing, machine learning, distributed computing, deep learning, NLP, Image Processing, Reinforcement Learning etc.
- Expertise in Parallel computing, graphical models, natural language processing, tools like PyTorch or Tensorflow and applied mathematics
- Relevant M.Tech or PhD degree
- Previous laboratory or practical research work
Business Intelligence Developer
Business Intelligence involves analysing data to find trends and insights that will help businesses reach their goals. BI developers study the market scenario and identify ways in which the business can be developed. This job is present in the industry for quite a sometime and excel has been a key tool for many BI engineers.
Role of BI Developer
With increase dependencies on big data-based solutions, companies are looking for Business Intelligence developers who can use Python and Spark rather than basics excels. The roles and responsibilities of a BI developer includes:
- Developing BI solutions based on business requirements
- Using data wrangling and visualization tools to find business solutions from data
- Converting business requirements into technical specifications
- Creating reports and visualisations based on data
Preferred Qualifications of BI Developer
Companies looking to hire Business Intelligence developers who have the following qualifications:
- A degree in computer science or IT engineering
- Knowledge of data mining, data analysis, SQL queries, BI technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in applied mathematics, graphical modes,
- Industry experience
Learn Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at Corpnce
Corpnce is one of the best machine learning institute in Bangalore. We have a project-based learning methodology that encourages students to apply the tools and technologies in real-time situations. The course curriculum is regularly updated to keep abreast of the latest developments in the domain. Corpnce also offers placement support for meritorious students. To know more about our Artificial Intelligence Courses in Bangalore, contact us.